5.01.2015

The Rest of March

+I really need to do better at staying ahead with my blogging. I think about what I want to write quite often, I just fail to actually write it.

We were able to convince our Relief Society president to do quarterly activities instead of monthly. We just didn't have the attendance or budget to justify monthly, so my activity leader and I decided to try and make the quarterly ones super fun and exciting to get more attendance.

Our first activity was held one March 11. We went with a Superhero theme. We wanted to do kind of a get to know you, so we asked people to share their super powers (aka talents, etc.) We had an awesome turn out, and we had a lot of fun. We had pulled pork sandwiches, fruit and cupcakes for dinner, followed by a get to know you BINGO that was a lot of fun. Then we had one of our board members give a little talk on how we are all Superheros, tying in our Relief Society theme. She did a great job. I wish I had asked for a copy of her talk. It was really great.

We had a lot of fun, and I was happy about the turn out. I had an inactive sister come up to me and say, "This is the funnest church activity I've ever been to." And another sister said, "I wish we could do this every month." After complaining about our lack of budget, the stake relief society president told my president that I could, "Have as many activities as I wanted, and to spend as much money as I need." It was awesome, and made me feel like I was doing something right...(Even though Melanie was the one who did everything. She's awesome!)

Here is the poster I made for our activity. We were able to advertise for close to 2 months which was awesome. Funny story though. So we share our building with another ward who comes in after us. I had put this up outside the relief society room before our class. There is one of those clip things on the wall that is long and can fit more than one poster. Well, I come out after class, and the other ward had put their flier right over top of ours, instead of sliding ours down and putting it next to ours, right over top. I was not happy, but instead of throwing theirs in the garbage, I just calmly took ours out and slid it down. It was hard, let me tell you!


For our reminder, we made these superhero suckers with the information on the cape.

Due to some issues with the other ward, last year we moved our activities to Thursday evening, which we felt was not very convenient, so this year, we asked the Young Women if they would like to combine with us every quarter  so we could get the YW leaders out, and not have to spend another night away from their families. So we moved our activities to Wednesday night with the YW.


My partner-in-crime and I. We served in Young Women's together many moons ago, so when Bishop (NOT ME!) suggested her as my activity board leader, I didn't say no, even though she had just had her third baby. I knew that she would follow through and work hard to make or activities successful. So far she hasn't disappointed! ;)


At the end of February, Greg and I were asked to speak. Before we got up, our stake president got up and told us that they were rearranging our Bishopric in two weeks. Apparently lots of people thought that it would be Greg since we were speaking. Luckily they were wrong! I even had a sister tell me after I spoke that I would "make a great Bishop's wife". Not sure what that meant, but whatever.

I had been teasing Greg about it all week because he was actually a bit worried, but when we didn't get a call we knew we were in the clear. That was the week I went to Casper, and on Thursday when I got to Cokeville I called Greg and he told me that the Stake President wanted to meet with us. I started laughing and said, High Council? (One of the new bishopric members was previously on the HC, so there was a spot open.)

Sure enough, when we went in to meet with the stake president, Greg was issued a call to serve on the High Council. This meant he would also be ordained to the office of High Priest.


Greg's dad ordained him, and his older brother and his four kids came. We don't get to see them too much even though they're only about an hour away, but it was a lot of fun to have those kids there. They are the cutest.



The next weekend, one of my friends and teammates from college was getting married and had her reception here in Logan. Her mom coached with my dad over in Bear Lake for many years, so we've known Katie forever. She also played with Kandyce in college, and then they roomed together here at USU, so Kandyce stopped by so we could go together.

Liam is probably my favorite child. He is a little stinker and was crying while Kandyce was getting changed, so I just kept asking him questions until I finally got a good response. From then on we were BFFs. We sang songs in the car while waiting for Kandyce to get some cards at the dollar store, and then we went and played outside. Even though he can be a bit of a stinker, he's so dang cute. I just love him!


And of course, chubby little Myka was there also. She is just the happiest baby. I love her and her cute chubby cheeks.



So, after everything went down at work, I was working Saturday with Kim. Steve stopped by with a drink for each of us. Awesome! Then maybe an hour later, Donna showed up with drinks for us as well. The reason definitely deserved two Dr. Peppers. No more changes please! My heart can't take it. It was pretty funny though


For our 5th Sunday lesson, we had the LDS Employment Resource Services (?) people come. I was totally paying attention, when I looked at the board, and what was supposed to spell LDS ERS, totally looked like LOSERS. It was funny. About 3 minutes after I noticed, the high councilman sitting next to us looks up, leans over and says, "I thought that spelled LOSERS on the board." It was awesome.


Greg surprised me by taking me to see Insurgent one evening after work. Oh my, I loved it! I thought it was so good. Thanks hubby for taking me. It was a great way to end March.


No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall