5.07.2015

The Rest of the April....

Well the rest of April kind of came and went. The weather has been so random. A day after the amazing snow storm, it looked like summer. I was eating in my car because the breakroom smelled like popcorn and was making me nauseous. (In case you wondered).


Kennan had a track meet in Smithfield, so I went and spent the day with my parents watching Kennan run. It was a beautiful day and I got quite sunburned. It was fun to be able to watch Kennan run, and jump. None of the rest of us Thompson's had any abilities other than not dying while running long distance. I don't know that we were necessarily amazing at running, but we sure tried and were part of only a few who could do it.



I had to drop Greg off at the jail for the first time. His High Council position is over the jail branch. I dropped him off bright and early, went home, tried to read the lesson for that day, but decided to take a 20 minute nap. An hour later (10 minutes before church), I woke up. I made it before the opening hymn was even started!


Sometimes I'm surprised that my co-workers just don't kick me out. Well, I guess they do throw me under the bus anytime someone from corporate comes up. Somehow it always comes out that I'm the one who does the pranks. Funny story, yesterday our CFO came up and was talking to us, and at the end he said something like, "Have any of you ever choked any of your co-workers out?" Two of my co-workers pointed at me and said, "Yes!" So I responded with "twice." There's only 32% accuracy on that. It's more of an inside joke. But then Steve also told him that if there were any pranks, I was behind it. Our CFO said, "Really? That surprises me. I took you as more of the quiet, innocent type." I tried to argue that I was, but my co-workers told him the truth. They do it all the time. So, I have to get them back some how!


With Caleb leaving us, I had to make him a going away present that he would always remember us by...


So, every now and then we get the pleasure of helping some of the USU football players that come into the credit union. I just helped this good looking kid that came in and had some questions. After he left, Caleb asked me if I knew who that was. I didn't, so he told me he was a football player. That of course led to a good discussion with the rest of my co-workers. Said football player was going to be coming back the next day, so we were all ready for him to come in. Donna and Kim hadn't seen him the day before, so when he walked in, I looked at both of the girls and nodded his way. They checked him out, and we all got all sorts of giddy like little Jr. High Girls. He isn't the first one that we've all had crushes on. We have some really great "tight-end" jokes. We are pathetic.


Switching gears. I have been slowly trying to de-junk our house. Especially our kitchen, which has food from about 10 years ago. I was going through one of our drawers, and when I pulled it out and started taking out the napkins and crap that was in there, I saw this....

I literally thought it was some gremlin. I don't know why. It scared me, then I busted up laughing when I saw what it was.

As mentioned in a previous post, I celebrated my 5 year work anniversary. When I cam to work the Monday after, I got this....The poster is still hanging by my station.


And lastly, I got my hair done again. I was going for a Rose-Gold look. Sometimes I see it, sometimes I don't. I felt bad because I kind of rushed my sweet friend Tami because I was going to dinner with some friends that evening, but I love it. It's different, and has been a very long time since I have been this light. I wish I could afford to have my hair done at least once a month!


As I mentioned, I went to dinner with some of my closest friends to say goodbye to one of our beloved. We had a great time laughing and reminiscing, and none of us wanted it to end. It got awkward at the end, because really, none of us wanted to say goodbye. But, we did. It's sad to see him go, but he's still "with us" in a way. I'm happy for him and the chance that he had to move up and on. He'll be great where he is, and hopefully he'll find him a wife! ;)

Also, this is the end result of Caleb's gift. I liked how it turned out.

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall