4.18.2015

The Not-So-Awesome Happenings Part 2

Alright, so a few weeks go by, and I'm slowly coming to accept the fact that our tight-knit branch was about to be shaken up. Fast forward to a Wednesday. We typically have morning meetings on Wednesday, so I show up all ready to go, and there is no one there. This isn't the first time this has happened, so needless to say I was pretty upset. (Come to find out later that an email had been sent out that I responded to a different part of it, but missed the part about no meeting). Anyway, so I go home, and then come back when it's my regular schedule. I was still a bit upset, but slowly throughout the morning got over it.

Caleb came in around noon and we were talking and he asked if we had morning meeting. I gave him my usual, "Don't start with me look" and he said, "No, I'm being serious." I said that we didn't have it, and that was why I was so pleasant. He says, "I guess now isn't a good time to tell you my news."

I just looked at him and said, "Are you leaving?" He nodded and said, "Maybe. I have an interview for the Murray job tomorrow." Not gonna lie, I started bawling like a baby again. Holy emotions. It was not a good time for that.

Caleb has become one of my good friends at work, and he has brought a much needed balance. He is funny, can take a joke, and is really great at his job. I really don't want him to leave. Luckily he will still be with the credit union, just down in Murray. Anyway, it was so crappy to hear that, that I ended up going home as soon as Cole got in. I just slept and that was that.

I still am having a hard time with it. I try just to not think about things, because I'm really quite happy for him, but I just don't want any more shake up in our branch.

Again, little did I know that that wouldn't be the last of the not-so awesome happenings...

Part 1 is Here

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall