5.04.2014

Stepping Out!

So, if you're a friend of mine on facebook, I apologize for the Scleroderma overload, but I'm not done yet. Here is my blog plug for the upcoming Northern Utah 2014 - Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma 5K Walk/Run.

Since being diagnosed with Scleroderma, I've decided that I want to do something at least once a year to raise money and awareness for it. I had no idea what I was going to do, and thoughts ran through my mind like hosting a 5K, or a volleyball tournament, but I had no idea how that would work. Luckily, in searching the internet, I found that there was already a fundraiser set up in Northern Utah. Perfect! Now I didn't have to stress about setting something up myself (though I do think it would be fun to put together a volleyball tournament or something!)

I had posted on facebook if any one wanted to do it with me, and got a few responses, but then when I was talking to my mom at Kennan's track me, she said she had spoken to my Aunt Laurel, and Laurel said that we should do it...with t-shirts and everything.

So here's what we've got planned: 

We are inviting anyone who is interested to join us in support of myself and others who are suffering with this disease. You can do this in any of the following ways.

Join us as we walk/run for the Northern Utah 2014 - Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma 5K. Entry fee is $20 ($25 if you register the day of). You can choose to either run the 5K or do a 1 mile walk (which is what I'll be doing). Register by going {HERE}, clicking on "I want to attend the event and register," then click on "join a team" to join my team. Search for my team which is:

Sclero-what?

Question mark and all. You should see my team show up with me as the captain. If you don't, let me know and I'll try to walk you through it again.

We will also be having team shirts, which are $10 (separate from the registration fee). You don't have to purchase one if you are running/walking, these are just for fun and so "Team Bre" can stand out!

If you are unable to attend the walk/run, but would still like to donate directly to the Scleroderma Foundation on my behalf, you can go to my team page: http://scfo.convio.net/goto/sclero-what and click the "Support Scleroderma" button.

Or, you can just purchase a "Team Bre" t-shirt for $10, and all the proceeds will go to the Scleroderma Foundation.

If you want a specific size (adult or kids sizes), we need to know as soon as possible so we can get them ordered. You can either leave me a comment here, email me at bre11414@hotmail.com, or join my facebook event {HERE} and let me know there.

(What the shirts might look like, only with proper spelling of Sclero!)

I really REALLY appreciate the love and support I've received so far. Special thanks to my mom for helping me organize this, and my aunt who kind of spurred this. Love you all!

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall