8.23.2009

Harry Potter and the "Half-Blood Prince"

Seriously. If you're going to name it the Half-Blood Prince, you need to explain it! What a LAME movie. I was SO DISAPPOINTED I could cry! Seriously!

Greg and I didn't go when it was first out because A. we didn't want to wait in line, and B. we both don't like being in a theatre with a million people. So, we waited. We finally went Friday at Midnight. We were a little worried when we first showed up because there was a LINE! (what for? we really don't know! lol) But we lucked out and were only 2 of the 4 people in there. I was really excited, because I really like Harry Potter. But 1/4 of the way into the movie, I was already ticked off. I thought it was really cheesy with all the romance/crushes/whatever you wanna call it. Plus when Harry drank the lucky stuff he was totally acting DRUNK! WEIRD! Then the fact that they don't even explain the Half-Blood Prince REALLY ticked me off. I knew who it was because I've read the book, but what was the point of it, ya know? They should've just named it, "Harry Potter and the Hormonal Students of Hogwarts." Just interesting....

I am SO SAD about it STILL! I am in the process of re-reading the books, so we'll see how that goes, but yes. Very unhappy about it. I think they need to get the original director back. This latest director just makes things totally cheesy. UGH! Anyway...(of course it didn't help to have Greg rip apart every minute of the movie...haha, but I appreciate the fact that he goes to all the cheesy movies with me!) But needless to say, I will probably buy this movie, and I will probably go to the next two! lol, oh well. I'm done venting about that!

The good news is that school starts tomorrow, and GREG DOESN'T HAVE TO GO!!! YAY!!! He finally graduated from USU with degrees in Psychology, Sociology, minor in Journalism, and a Law Certificate thingy...The bad news is now he gets to take the GRE again, and eventually get into another 5-ish years of school. We'll see what happens there!

The other good news is that after months of promising me huckleberry shakes, we got to go get some last night from Arctic Circle...oh my yumminess! You HAVE to try them. They are delicious...

More good news is that it's raining. Not too long before the snow! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Oh...lol, and I also watch a movie I haven't seen in YEARS tonight...Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Holy cows it's been forever. I just kinda watched it (while doing other stuff on my computer!) lol, but yeah, crazy, right? The only thing I ever remembered about watching that is for a long time whenever we would go visit Grandma she had this daybed upstairs. with knobs like that. So Kandyce and I would go up there and hope that if we twisted the knob it would take us wherever we wanted...It never did, but I later inherited that bed and will always remember that about the bed...ahh..funny..

3 comments

Jason and Aubrey Boyer said...

i actually thought it was one of the better movies. does it really not show the name on the book as the half-blood prince? i swear it did. just goes to show how differently two people can see the same thing. anyway, bedknobs and broomsticks is like one of my FAVES!!!! totally love that show.

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Huckleberries are the best. If you want amazing huckleberries you need to move to Missoula, we would pick them and they are so good in pancakes and homemade ice cream!! But watch out for the bears, they love huckleberries.

Lindsay said...

haha well it looks like it's a good thing I haven't gone and seen this, but I'm not going to lie, after the first 2 Harry Potter movies I kinda just stopped watching them so I haven't even seen the last few movies anyway, weird I know, I read all the books but the movies made me lose interest. Oh well.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall