12.17.2009

New Moon

So, it's been a long time since I blogged last...Lame! Oh well...when was the last time YOU blogged? (that's what I thought!)

Anywho...so...first things first. I went and watched New Moon a little while ago. Greg, Shaina and I hit up the midnight showing. There were a few people in there, but not too many. So that was nice. You want my honest opinion of the show? Okay...it was not as bad as Twilight, and Taylor Lautner as Jacob is an EXCELLENT idea! But here's what I've noticed about the movies and why they bug me SO bad....There is absolutely NO EMOTION coming from the actors/actresses. It's pathetic. Bella and Edward totally annoy me...When they say "I love you" it's like they're saying, "i bought toilet paper at the store today." Nothing! I mean, granted the books can go into details about thoughts, feelings, and emotions, I get that...but a good actor can portray those feelings and emotions the way they should be done. I also was annoyed that they downplayed Jacob a lot. I really appreciate the fact that they showed him shirtless a lot...and in the rain...but I don't think they did him justice at all! I don't know how to explain it, but they just downplayed him a lot! But...there were some super cool parts, like at the beginning when Alice leaps over the railing on the stairs. That was way cool! And Jasper's face...doesn't get any better than that...Oh...and when they're running through the forest in slow motion! Wow! I can't wait for the next movies! But it was totally cheesy, they need a better Bella and Edward, and they should make a movie ALL ABOUT JACOB! mmm...he is the best thing to happen to that movie! So yeah..overall it was cheesy, and LONG, and they should have just ended the movie/book with Edward dying...but then I wouldn't want Jacob to end up with Bella, so it's a toughy...But yeah...the movie bugged me mostly because there is no emotion (aka bad acting)...so...yeah..I think that's all I'm going to say about that...except for...TAYLOR LAUTNER!! Go Team Jacob!!!

Nothing else going on around here...Can't wait for Christmas. Sure hope Santa brings me a new computer + Adobe Suite, and a camera lens...but we'll see...What are you getting me?

6 comments

Aubrey Anne Boyer said...

baaaaaaaaahahahaha. bre you make me laugh. i loved the toilet paper line. i also think it's funny that you wanted edward to die. silly girl. edward can't die. (i'm team edward by the way, but i was almost team jacob for a while when i was first reading new moon and eclipse) there's a girl in my ward who also doesn't think that bella is good enough for jacob. she pretty much hates bella.
i have been waiting to see what you thought of the movie for a while because i kind of thought this was what you'd say. i agree that it was a little too long, but i still like twilight almost as much. eclipse comes out in june!

Aubrey Anne Boyer said...

and oh yeah your blog header is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! did you draw those people? i love love love it!

Cordie said...

You are so funny! What new lens are you asking for?

bre said...

Umm...yeah I think Bella should have died too, then her and edward could be in vampire "heaven" together! And Jacob could marry me....errr...I mean...someone better than Bella!! HAHAHA!! Team Jacob ALL THE WAY!

And I didn't draw them, this lady I CT (scrapbook stuff) for made them. She's pretty much the best I know! She's the one who made the volleyball stick figures too...

and Cordie...I actually just want the 50mm f1.8 ... lol...please Santa! Come visit me!

Lindsay said...

haha I'm with Aub on this one. I'm team Edward! :) And I like both movies. I consider them totally different from the books. Because it's hard to compare them. I don't think the acting is that bad. Bella doesn't have much of a personality in the books, I think Kristin Stewart portrays her well. And as for emotion, I thought there was too much emotion in the scene outside her truck when she asks Edward to kiss her. I honestly thought it was a bit sexual for young people to see. But maybe that's just me. I think it was the sounds and Edwards facial expressions that made me feel that way. haha Anyway, what would this world be without different oppinions right? You've got to have the Team Edward people and the Team Jacob people. Jake is yummy though, but I'm still Team Edward! :) hehe

Shari Davis said...

I read a shirt that said, " Team Edward....until Jacob takes off his shirt." hahahaha Love it! I liked the movie but have to agree with you about the "no emotions" part. It's quite annoying. I have friends who say the 50mm is THE BEST LENS! I hope you get what you want! Love you and miss you!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall