7.15.2009

Guess who's back?!

So...this is kinda late, but better late than never, right?

Last Friday Brady flew home from his mission in Latvia. He flew in at 6:30, so Kandyce came to Logan about 4:15-ish and we headed to Salt Lake to meet the rest of the family at the airport. We got there really early, but it's okay. I would rather be early than late, and it was only about 45 minutes early, not 5 hours early like the one time we went to pick Dad up from Denver many years ago ON MY BIRTHDAY! Yeah, that wasn't fun sitting in the airport for five hours! ANYWAY...It was so exciting waiting and waiting...and waiting and waiting!!! There was Mom, Dad, Kandyce, McKenzie, Kennan, Aunt Laurel and her kids Luke and Ethan, and Aunt Marcie and her husband Mike. I haven't seem Marcie or Mike (or Laurel and her kids for that matter) in a LONG time, so it was great to see them.

Anyway, waiting for Brady to get off the plane and walk down the stairs seemed to take FOREVER. We claimed our spot early (when Kandyce came home, there were a lot of people in front of us!) so we could be right there when he came down. For about 20 minutes before he actually came down we stood there, and heard this a lot, "There's a suit!!! Is that him? Nope it's a pilot." Two minutes later. "I see a suit...is that him? Nope, just a pilot." It was quite comical. Then FINALLY!!!! We see a couple of missionaries come down...and there he is! He looked the exact same as I remember...only a little older. We all started bawling, lol...and when he got off the escalator, yes I was the first to give him a hug. I thought about hugging the other missionary he was with (his family was there too), but I didn't. It would have been funny though...But yeah, so he went around and hugged everyone else. It was SO good to see him. He's pretty much the same, just a bit older and more mature. But I'm glad to know his teasing hasn't changed. We went to dinner after the airport, then they headed home, and Kandyce and I headed back to Logan.

Saturday I went back to Cokeville. When I first got there all his HS buddies who have returned from their missions were at the house, and they all went to re-live the good ol' days, so I just hung out. When Brady got home, Mom, Kennan, Brady and I went on a night 4-wheeler right. Way fun, Brady and I went together, and nearly died swerving for bunnies! Yeah, I could just picture Trevor and Brady on the 6 wheeler swerving to NOT hit Dakota and rolling the machine, resulting in multiple broken bones! haha, but it was still fun to hang out with my little brother again!

That night Kennan and I slept out in the camper. haha. I don't like mom and dad's beds, so I was going to sleep on the couch, but then Clay was coming, so he was going to sleep on the couch, so i asked Kennan if he wanted to sleep in the camper. It was a little cold, but we heated the mattresses (how cool is that?) and it was actually not too bad, except in the morning when I woke up at 8:00...WAY TOO EARLY!!! But it was fun. It was also Kenzie's birthday on Sunday, so happy b irthday to her. I can't believe she is old enough to date (and drive!!) CRAZY!

Sunday Brady and Trevor Teichert (who left and returned the same days as Brady) spoke in both wards. They are both the same, just with a little more experiences. Trevor does look a little different to me...I don't know why...he just does, but still a great kid. Both did a great job, and it was fun to hear of their experiences. We also had a lot of family come support him, which was fun to be able to see everyone. He had some missionary buddies come see him too. IT's so crazy that he is finally home! He did a great job on his mission, I'm sure, and I'm so proud of him. But I am SO glad he's home! Though I wish he was going to USU, I'm sure he'll have a great time in RS, and maybe even find him a little wife! (HA! WEIRD!!!) Anyway, we had dinner over at Grandma's NEW HOUSE, which is totally awesome! So big and it was perfect for all the family and friends that were there.

Well, I didn't take many pictures (only ONE!) I know..I was going to at the airport, but thought, no way. I don't want to be stuck behind a camera! So you'll have to wait until mom and dad email me some pics!!! But yeah. So I'm glad Brady is home, and I'm grateful for his wonderful example. I love him lots, and think he's pretty much the greatest ever!

Here is a pic that Aunt Marcie took (stole from her blog!) I'm too lazy to get my one pic uploaded...and mom and dad apparently are too!!! lol...so here he is!! Isn't he handsome?!?


Oh Sunday night we were able to do video chat with Shari and Ben so they could talk to Brady and the rest of us. It was so crazy. Lilli has gotten SO BIG!!! Shari looks super hott (with 2 t's) and Ben looks pretty good too. But it was a lot of fun. Shari put the boys to bed already, so we didn't get to see them, but Lilli is a character. She is so funny. I got her this card for her birthday that when you opened the envelope, it's some cats meowing Happy Birthday. (you're welcome Shari!) Anyway, she got that and showed it to us...haha, it was so funny...I am the world's greatest aunt, I must say!! I buy things that annoy the crap out of the parents, but the kids love...Anyway it was good to talk to them, and I can't wait to see them in less than 3 weeks! Love you guys!

1 comment

Lindsay said...

Yay! Welcome home Brady! I can't believe he's back already! Wait, I can't believe ANY of the guys are back! Can't wait to catch up with him at the 24th celebration! :) He does look the same too!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall