1.31.2016

WWCC Get-together (Late Post)

I don't know why I didn't post this earlier. I really thought that I did.

But every so often, my teammates from Western will plan a get-together to watch our old team, Western Wyoming Spartans (now Mustangs...Spartans was way cooler), take on our coach's team now, Salt Lake Community College. Quite a few of us are still around this area, so we planned a get-together when WWCC played SLCC the end of September, so we actually had a great turnout this year. I hadn't planned on going this year, as I hadn't in years past, but my sister Kandyce texted me one day asking if I wanted to go, because one of our teammates, Katie, who lives in Cache Valley, was planning on going and could give me a ride. I said sure, and I'm so glad I did.

Katie and I met up with my roommate my freshman year and also teammate, Jackie, and then continued with her. We met a few of the other girls at Cafe Rio before the game, then headed to the gym. It's been a very long time since I've seen a lot of those girls. I think Katie & Jess Jeppsen (who actually wasn't there) are the only two I've actually seen in the past 5 years. The others I keep in touch through facebook, but even then it's just liking photos, stalking statuses, etc. It was really good to see all of them. I think we were only missing 3? It was fun too, because my sister was also there with her two kids so I got to see them as well.


Kandyce, Stormy, Thermop, Brooke, Suey, BCuzz, Chels, Katie, Jackie, me & Alyssa (missing Meg, Jess J, Jess Wilson, Hilary & Kylee)
So, interesting fact as to why my sister is standing with MY team ;) ....Kandyce played at WWCC in 2002 & 2003, and I played in 2004, so her 2003 team was basically the same as my 2004 team. In my opinion, if we had had her for my 2004 team, we totally could have taken Nationals. But 8th place was pretty rad too. Also, interested fact. Katie is the daughter of my dad's assistant coach when he was at Bear Lake. So, we basically grew up together.

After the game we all headed to Leatherby's where we enjoyed delicious desserts (and I got to spend time with Liam & Myka)



I may, or may not have eaten the majority of this....Liam helped a little...

Roomies!! Jackie, me & Jess

Me, Jess W, Katie & Meg from way back when...


It was a fun night. Fun seeing and talking with old friends & teammates, watching volleyball, and spending time with my sister and her kids.

But....

The highlight was towards the end of the night. When we were getting ready to pay for our desserts, I was just looking around, eyes wandering, when I noticed a table that had a girl and three guys. The kid with his back towards me was wearing a sweater vest, and I knew immediately who it was. I couldn't believe it, of all the places we both were that evening, it was my co-worker friend Caleb, who ditched us and moved to Murray to take a position there. What are the chances? I went over and talked to him, and I think he was as shocked to see me. It was pretty funny.
Yes, I took a picture of him stalkerishly. There was a guy behind me as I was taking the picture, and it was my turn next to pay, so I waved to the guy and said, "Go ahead, I'm just stalking this kid real quick."

Highlight of my night!

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall