9.20.2014

September Ramblings

September has also just flown by. I've been meaning to blog at least once a week so you don't get bombarded with random pictures and my nonsense thoughts, but that obviously hasn't happened. I feel like I really haven't done a whole lot this month. It's just the same things day after day.

I didn't have work on September 1. We slept in, then ate breakfast, went to Greg's room at the middle school to drop some stuff off, went to Hastings, then we had shrimp tacos for dinner (my new fave!), then we went for a little drive from our house to 10th west, to Arctic Circle where we got huckleberry shakes for the second time this year. So delicious! I love days off!







Of course, we had to go back to work the next day. Back to the daily grind and being an adult.

I am in charge of creating the monthly Relief Society newsletter, which is fine with me since I really enjoy doing stuff like that. I started out creating the regular boring newsletters, but it wasn't doing it for me, so I decided to open photoshop, pinterest, and create something awesome. It took me all dang day, but it turned out super cute.


September 8th was a wonderful day. I woke up to read that One Direction is releasing another album soon, and they were offering one of their songs for free that day only! Of course I had to get it, and I absolutely loved it, I think it's definitely one of my favorite. Take a listen here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L2AaRJrV0E


Since creating that newsletter, my creative juices have started flowing again. I have been meaning to download a trial version of Adobe Illustrator for a while now, so I finally decided to do it. Holy cow, I had no idea what I was doing. I took a class about 7 years ago, but I remember very little of it. I have been slowly learning and teaching myself how to use it and I've had a lot of fun with it. I'm excited to get back into designing, and hope to be able to open an Etsy shop soon.

(By the way, I'm more than willing to create a few free Christmas cards for anyone interested. I'll design it to your liking, and send you the digital file.)

For our September Relief Society Activity, we had a service auction. We got the idea {here}, and it turned out really great. We had a lot of awesome donations, and had a great time bidding against each other and having a good ol' time. This calling can be quite challenging because we never know what to expect when we plan activities. We never know how many will show up, or if they'll even have fun. My board leader is amazing though, and always comes up with the funnest ideas. Please support your RS leaders in the activities. I know that it can seem like just one more thing to do, but the activities board puts a lot of effort into planning and carrying out these activities. Plus, it's a whole lot more fun when more people show up.




My mom and dad were in town Saturday the 13th, and texted me to go to lunch with them. It's always good to see them, and they surprised me with this Samsung Neo 2 watch. Greg and I had talked about getting something like that after my {latest incident}, but figured we would wait until Christmas or until we upgraded our phones, so this was a fun surprise. I can call people and text, plus it tracks my steps, heart rate, and sleeping. It's pretty sweet. It makes me feel better about being alone, just in case I happen to leave my phone in a place I can't reach. Thanks parents!



Last Sunday the Relief Society Presidency were asked to speak on the Relief Society. We were asked the Thursday before, so we really didn't have much time to prepare, but I think it went okay. I wasn't really nervous, though I was sweating something awful. But no one fell asleep during my talk (that I could see), so that's always great. I haven't spoken in church for over 10 years, so it was a fun experience.


I did get to go on a fun trip this last week, which I will post about real soon. I think this is enough for one post!

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall