8.18.2014

Halfway Through August

I kicked off August in the hospital. I had a Right Heart Catheterization that you can read all about {here}. That was an exciting adventure. It was quick, easy, and I got to lay in a hospital for about 5 hours. I survived with just a tiny stab wound.


One of our August highlights happened late at night, as Greg and I were reading before bed I noticed a spider on the wall. Now, let the record show that all I said was, "There is a spider." I did not freak out, or scream. I literally said that and it was done. Greg is the one who shot up and then proceeded to strip the bed in search of Mr. Spider. We had to take the entire mattress off before finding the little guy and giving him a swirly. It was late, I was tired, but it was funny.



Greg got to start school early. He actually started going in towards the last part of July, but I officially had to start dropping him off, and picking him up about two weeks ago. I can't believe it's already school again. What happened to summer?


So, as you know, I love my job, however that doesn't mean that sometimes I get extremely frustrated and just want to quit. The reasons for me being so frustrated probably wouldn't make any sense to anyone, so who knows if I ever get into it. I might over on my Sclero-what? blog, but I don't know. I'm still torn as to how I really feel. Love my co-workers, and the job itself. Just.....frustrated!

Anyway, after one of our morning meetings, I was ranting to Greg about it, and since he very rarely just lets me complain, he sent me this text:

He's the best!!

I've spent a lot of time this summer out on our porch swing. I spend so much dang time indoors, and it's quite difficult for me to do anything outside alone, so the porch has been a great place for me to go and relax. Of course, I still have to have Greg nearby as I can't quite get out of the swing by myself. It's been great though.


This last Thursday we had our Relief Society activity. We did an ice cream social to celebrate the end of summer. We had a decent turnout, which is always nice. It was fun talking with the older sisters. They have some great stories and personalities.




And Greg got to be my big helper this activity. Thanks hun!


Let's see. Controversial topics coming soon...
How to properly raise your children.
Breastfeeding in public
Leggings

Just kidding. We'll have to see what type of mood this week brings, I do have some thoughts on motherhood that I'd like to share....

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall