8.30.2014

28 by 29 | Exercise

7 // Create an exercise program & do it at least 2 times a week 

Before I got "sick" I was in the process of training for a half marathon. I was doing awesome. I was running about 4 times a week, and doing Pilates on my 'rest' days. It was so great. I felt great, and even though I wasn't losing weight, I was slimming down, and just knew if I kept going I would eventually start to lose the weight. I didn't get super far in my training before everything hurt, and the shooting pains became unbearable. I was so bummed.

Over the  past two years since then, I just have not wanted to do anything. Walking around the block kicked my butt, and lifting things were just too hard. I hate it. All I wanted (and still want) to do was sit around. 


I know that exercise is important, especially when you feel like crap, but I have to say, they are lying in those arthritis commercials when they say that you feel better when you get up and move. I repeat: IT IS A LIE!! There is no ounce of truth. I don't even feel good on the inside. I want to punch and kick things is how I feel. 

However, I decided I just need to do it. I decided to include it on my {28 by 29} list so  I would have to do it. I kept it simple and only required 2 work out days. If I do more, awesome, if not, then great. I sucked it up the first month. I guess I could count the times that Greg and I walked around the block, but I sucked it up for sure. 

Well, you can read about why I finally decided to get started {here}. I even made a chart and everything. That is the first step. I was a bit surprised that Greg actually would be on board with it, since I decided I'd put him on there too so we could have a competition.

We did pretty well for week 1. (I started last week). This week wasn't as good, since I had appointments, and other things going on, but I did still get my two days in, so I still get a gold star!


It really has not felt good. Not one little bit. My hips are killing me, my feet are hurting, and my arms are sore. I have been wearing arm weights when I walk to hopefully help build up my upper body strength. It sucks, however, I can still smile after walking a full half mile! Go me!


Some motivation? Right...


This is how I feel most days. Greg teases me about being a T-Rex. It's sad how true it is.


Hopefully one day I'll be able to run again. It's my goal. Or, I will just continue to kick my treadmills butt by walking 1.5 mph!

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall