1.08.2011

Thanksgiving 2010

So, I'm totally late posting this, I know. But really, better late than never, right?

I totally love this time of year. I love November-December, almost as much as I love July. One of the reasons I love this time of year is all the days I get off for work. I get 2 days in November, and THREE in december. Totally awesome, right?

The week of Thanksgiving, however, seemed to drag on. Tuesday there was supposed to be a massive snowstorm come through. UDOT wanted business to close down early so their employees could get home, but to better serve our members, our bosses decided it was okay for us to stay at work. It was kind of an interesting day, because there were blue skies for a little while, then it kind of clouded over. Nothing major, so I went on my lunch around 3, and when I got back to work, it was just kinda flurrying. It was honestly crazy to see the change in that storm. As soon as the wind changed, it really was a blizzard. Kinda cool. It's been a while since I've seen anything like that.

The higher ups decided we could have people leave every half hour, and Courtney and I being the dedicated employees we are, got to stay til the very end...for that one member who just might come through. Oh joys. It really was pretty bad, but being from Wyoming...I've seen worse! It was pretty great...until we had to work again the next day...oh well!

Thanksgiving day was pretty good though. It was just Greg, me and Shaina this year. (Shaina wasn't able to go home, so she spent the day with us.) We had some super delicious food (like always!) and totally pigged out. I do wish, however, that I would have eaten more turkey, because cold/reheated turkey makes me gag, and it was a super delicious turkey. We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, yams MSUHROOMS (i'm obsessed! So delicious!), rolls, jello, cranberry sauce, shrimp (cold), and 7-up. And Shaina brought that yummy breadsticks/bacon stuff and a lemon pudding/dessert type thing (sorry I don't know it's official name! )

Oh yes it was delicious! We spent the day just lounging around, watched some football, did a little shopping, and then watched some movies. We watch "The Lovely Bones" first (which Greg likes, but I really don't. I read the book a long time ago, and really didn't like it). Greg and I had seen it before, but Shaina hadn't, so we watched it with her. Then Shaina and I chose to watch "The Last Song" while Greg opted out. Umm, yeah. I totally loved this movie!! Sure Miley Cyrus is kinda ugly, but I thought it was such a cute movie! Dang that Nicholas Sparks! He always has to have someone in the movie get an uncureable disease and die! (Sorry if I just ruined this for you!) But I loved it...and I want a grand piano. Just so you know!


So that was our Thanksgiving. It was wonderful, and a lot of fun to spend a day just relaxing...of course, then it was back to the grind the next day! Gotta love being a responsible adult!

1 comment

Lindsay said...

I love relaxing holidays! And I'm totally sad they are over! The food looks amazing, and I'm sure tasted amazing too! :) We need to plan a girls day before April!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall