6.01.2010

My Memorial Day Weekend...

was FABULOUS!!!!

I had Saturday off, so that meant a THREE DAY WEEKEND!!! It's been FOREVER since I had one of those! (hehe...jk!) But it was awesome. Greg sent me a text at 10:15 telling me to wake up (yes, he was just in the living room, and I was sleeping in the bedroom) so I got up thinking we'd go get McDonald's breakfast or something, but instead he took me to a MOVIE, and not just any movie, but a CHICK FLICK! lol, what a sweetie! We went to "Letters to Juliet" which, despite the horrible acting, was a pretty cute movie! After the movie we did a little shopping, and of course, spent money we didn't really need to. Then we went home and Greg told me to pick what I wanted for lunch/dinner...so we went with Firehouse. Yummy! That night was the Suns/Lakers game, which we didn't end up watching all of because the Suns were getting beat! (SAD!!! I live for the NBA Playoffs! They are THE BEST!!!) but yeah, my Suns ended up losing...which is a total bummer! But we spent the rest of Saturday chillin' at home, just spending time together!

Sunday I was able to go to Cokeville. My cousin Trevor got home from his mission in Wisconsin (i think?! lol...for those of you Logan 17th ward peeps that read this, Trev was in the same mission that Justin(?) Trauntvein was in. small world, eh?) so I went to his homecoming. It was great to see that kid! It's crazy to see how much he's grown. I've always loved Trevor. He is such a fun kid, I have so many fun memories of him growing up. It was fun to have him literally just down the road from us. He and Brady were/are best pals, so Trev was always around...lol, on my way home I was thinking about all the fun memories I have of him, so I thought I'd share...(a lot of them include Brady...lol)

Like I said, Trevor lived just down the road from us, so EVERY morning before school he would call the house and say, "Brady, let me know when the bus is to your house," so he could leave his house and catch the bus. Well, then about 5 minutes later Brady would call Trev, "Trev, the bus is here!" You'd think they'd just go by the clock...but no, they had this ritual EVERY MORNING...lol..it is actually quite funny. We made fun of them for doing that all the time...lol...

Brady, Trevor and I would spend HOURS on the tramp playing "Power Rangers." We loved that show...for real! We always played fun games like that together...lol...

Brady and Trevor got in a really bad 6-wheeler accident. Trevor was driving and swerved to miss the dog...it rolled...Brady broke his foot, Trevor his elbow...it's still messed up! lol...it was so funny watching him in wrestling with his elbow poking out all different ways.

Brady, Trevor, and Kennan set the barn on fire by shooting fireworks...Happy 4th of July!

Trev hurt his neck (i think) playing football...I had a great time pointing at things behind him and asking, "What's that?!" because I knew he couldn't flip his head around to look...(haha! I'm so nice!)

I took photography my senior year. There were only 6 kids in the class...Me, Trev, our cousin Marlena, 2 foreign students, and Darren. Me, Trev and Darren has so much fun! Trev would give me piggy back rides to the darkroom from the HS. What a sweet kid....and my all-time favorite story comes from this class....It was about half way through the year, and we had learned how to roll and process film, so we were pretty much on our own. The darkroom was an old apartment that consisted of a kitchen/living area (REALLY small!), a "room" (i don't know what to call it!), and the bathroom where we processed the film. We always had to knock before entering rooms so we wouldn't let light in. Well, the "room" was kind of the mess around room. This was the only room that we'd have lights on in, and anytime we'd leave the "room" we'd have to turn off the lights. Well, I was in the bathroom getting ready to process some film. I had it on the roller and was about to put in the container with the chemicals when I hear a knock. I know I said something, but it must not have been very loud because I hear the door open (remember, it's pitch black in here!), and the light flips on...Trev, not expecting to see anyone in this pitch black room, sees me and screams like a girl!!! lol...It was the FUNNIEST thing in the world! I laugh everytime I think about it! It was hilarious....and was definitely worth my film being ruined. lol...ahh good times!!

Trevor would give me the BIGGEST squeezy hugs ever...They hurt like crazy (like he would seriously crush me!), but I loved getting them!

He also nick-named me "B"....which I actually really love, and was a little surprised when he called me that when I first saw him on Sunday. I had almost forgotten about that. (kennan also started calling me "b" back in the day because that's what Trev called me)

Running distance with him and Brady was a lot of fun too. I have to say that we had an awesome group of distance runners. We all were hard workers, despite our complaints of having to run so much. But I love that I was able to experience that with Trev and Brady.

After one of their track meets (I was graduated), I was sitting at home and it was like 1 am when Brady and Trev come into the house and drag me out of bed to go rabbit hunting with them! lol...it was a lot of fun, even though i was scared to death...lol...we were in Dad's little red toyota, and brady was driving...I was in the middle and Trev was leaning out the window looking for rabbits. Lots of fun!

If you can't tell, I love these two boys so much! I'm glad they were best friends, and that they let me be their friend too. I have SOOO many memories...lol, those are just a few that stand out!

ohhh...and I have to mention this one...Trevor has a dog....he's had this dog for like 500 years. Dakoda....(however it's spelled!) Koda has been run over about a million times, and I thought he was supposed to die about 5 years ago...but no...Koda is still (apparently) going strong. Trevor told me one of the many times I asked him if Koda was still alive that Koda was going to be alive when he got home from his mission...So of course I had to ask him on Sunday..."Is Koda dead?" (of course, there may have been a nicer way to word it...) I was informed that Koda is NOT dead...and that he is still alive...lol, and I'm he will probably live forever!! (I will, however, be very sad when he dies!)

But anyway....it was really great listening to Trev's talk (what little I heard...I had Lilli to my side, on my lap, fighting with Aidan, and Aidan on my lap, and fighting with Lilli!). I have no doubt that he was an AWESOME missionary. I loved hearing about his experiences, and I know that he touched many lives, and will continue to touch lives. What an awesome kid! I'm so glad I was able to go listen and see him! he also said he read my blog while on his mission, and had I known that I would have left him messages...since I never wrote him! (Don't feel bad Trev...I didn't write Kandyce or Brady either!) But if he is still reading this...I hope you know how much I love ya!! You're an awesome kid, and I look up to ya lots!!

Anyway...so yeah...that was so great. I was able to listen to my little brother Kennan give a talk (great job Kennan!) and Lilli did the musical number. Now, I have to say that this was the CUTEST thing ever! and I'm not just saying that because she's my niece and I think she's adorable anyway!!! But when I first walked in (I was a little late!) I sat down behind my sister, the boys and my mom, and next to my cousins and their friend. Lilli was up on the stage with my grandma who was leading the music. When she saw me she came running down to sit by me (have I mentioned how much she loves me?!) Well, she sat by me throughout the entire meeting, and when they announced her name and that she was singing after Kennan, she looked up at me and said, "Lilli Davis...that's me!" As soon as Kennan was done with his talk, she jumped up, said, rather loudly, "it's my turn!" and literally ran up to the microphone. She got up on the stool, pulled down the mic to her mouth, and sang "I Am a Child of God." Oh my gosh...it was the CUTEST ever! Shari needs to post the video of it on her blog! (not the real thing, but Trevor's mom wanted to get a video to send to Taryn...) But seriously, if you weren't there you definitely missed out! It was so cute!

Speaking of walking into church late...NO ONE knew who I was...which means that A. my superhero disguise worked (wearing glasses) or B. (my biggest fear) I've become one of those people that you haven't seen for a while, that has gained so much weight that you don't even recognize them!! UGH!!! I hope it's #1! But yeah...so that sucked, but it was fun seeing a lot of my friends, and people I haven't seen in a while....lol...

After church we had dinner at Grandma's new NEW house. It was fun catching up with family! I'm super glad I was able to go...

I came home to a WONDERFUL anniversary dinner that Greg prepared. It was SUPER delicious! We spent the rest of the day relaxing....

Yesterday we did the same....just relaxed, spent a little money we didn't need to, and spent all day together! What a fantabulous weekend!!!

(PS...I'll have to post some fun older pics of me, Trev, and Brady! I'm just too lazy to scan them right now!)

2 comments

Lindsay said...

What a fun weekend! I can't believe Trev is home already...that flew by! And how cute of your hubby to have a nice dinner ready for you when you got home! :) Gotta love good hubbies!

Stephanie Kay said...

Bre. You're so cute. You have not gained a pound. You look great! It was the glasses for sure.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall