10.18.2015

Kennan's Farewell

I keep saying that I'll do a better job of keeping up with this, but I am not so awesome at this. But here we go, throwing it back a few months to when I last saw my baby brother.

August 8 was the Scleroderma run (which I PROMISE) to post about eventually, but it was a great start to fun weekend spent with family. After the run was over, I headed back to Cokeville with my parents & Kennan. The rest of the family slowly trickled in. Brady & Ashbee were there, Kandyce & Clay and their kids, and McKenzie & Kyler. Extended family also stopped by, Laurel & her boys and Kathy and Heather. Laurel's boys spent their time out on the 4-wheeler, while the rest of everyone just kind of did their own things.

I watched Myka chew on toys.

 


Then I went outside and played with Liam and the kittens.


Then Papa & Liam played golf. Papa would hit the ball, and Liam would go get it. Pretty sure dad got the better end of the deal here.

My cousin Tyson (who is my age and used to live with us...also I haven't seen him since he got married) came out to the house with his wife and their 4 boys. Liam loved it. He loves having friends to play with.

We were playing at the play set, and Tyson's oldest boy went on the monkey bars. Liam thought that would be fun, so he climbed up the ladder and wanted to try. I was the only one out there. That would have been an epic disaster. Luckily I talked him down and told him to bring his dad to help. He kept saying, "You can help me." Sorry buddy. Wish I could.



We also got to celebrate Liam's 3rd birthday with everyone there. He's just the cutest. Not gonna lie, he may be my favorite (though I think I say that about all my nieces and nephews.) I just love that little guy.


Here are a few shots I took outside my parents house. It's so beautiful out there.


That night Trevor came out to visit for a little. We all just sat around talking. It was fun having him there. He was always in our lives, and he and Brady were the best of friends. Kandyce was at the sink, and Trev taps Brady on the shoulder telling him to squeeze the sprayer thing, then Trev turned on the water and sprayed Kandyce. We all got a good laugh at that, then Ashbee decided it would be funny to put a hair time on it so whoever the next person who turned on the water would be sprayed.

Luckily I got video.



Good times.

The next morning we went to church where Kennan spoke. It was good to hear him and be with lots of family.

Me and Liam before going to church.

Ashbee, Kenz, Trev & Brady singing...and yes Clay got after me for taking this picture during church.

After sacrament meeting I headed home with Clay & Kandyce to wait for church to get out before going back in town to the park where we would be having a luncheon with family. If you can believe it, I only took this one picture. I had fun playing on the playground with Liam and Ryan (Tyson's kid, who is my favorite!), and Jordan (Tyson's other kid). Fun times & cute kids.


I didn't even get a picture of Kennan & I before I left, so I stole these pictures from home. I still can't believe my baby brother is all grown up, on his own in a new state & bigger city. He'll do great though.


The kid on the left is how I still picture him.

A couple of weeks after Kennan left, I was helping a kid at work and I was talking to him about how he was up here for school and this was his first semester and he had just gotten home from his mission. He said, "Orlando, Florida." And I said, "No way! That's where my brother is." It was fun to talk to him for a minute about his mission. Small, crazy world.

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall