8.20.2015

Water Balloon Fun

I've got a few minutes before I have to start getting ready for work, so I thought I would post briefly about some of the fun I've had with my niece and nephews this summer.

My little brother Kennan got his mission call the end of May, and went through the temple the end of June. My sister and her kids were still at my parents so they came down to go with him. Greg and I got to watch the kiddos.

It was so dang hot outside. Seriously. But we walked to the park that's just on the other side of the block. It was too hot, so the kids (and Bre) only lasted a little while.




After dying of heat at the park, we walked back to our house where we had shaved ice and cotton candy. A LOT of cotton candy.  (It was mint flavored, so that's got to be a bit more healthy, right?)



If anything, they at least love us for all the junk we fed them.

After that we just kind of sat around trying to decide what to do. It was still really hot,s o we went outside to sit on the porch. Our sprinklers were on, so we told the kids to go run through the sprinklers. Then I remembered that we had a bunch of water balloons in the house, so we got them out. They were a huge hit! The kids had so much fun. Alex kept saying, "This is the best day ever!" Of course, when you're 6 you don't have many days to compare to, but it was pretty great.



They had fun throwing the balloons at each other, but the best was throwing them in the air and having them burst when they hit our awning. It would rain all over all of us. They thought it was hilarious.


We did that for about an hour and a half. They are such fun kids, even if they can be stinkers. At least being an aunt, you know you can love them, spoil them, discipline them if necessary, and if you get sick of them, you can send them home! ;) JK. They are the greatest.


They thought Greg was hilarious. Aidan kept saying, "Uncle Greg is funny."
I think even Greg had fun.

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall