8.27.2015

The Big 3-0 Minus 1

So this year I turned the big 3-0 minus 1! Pretty crazy right? Like I posted on that day, the number is that old, my body feels that old (older), but my mind is as young as sarcastic and awesome as always. In the past I've been a little reluctant to accept my age, but this year I embraced it. I guess knowing that you can't actually prevent aging from happening helped a little with that. But I was really excited to celebrate my big day.

I woke up and got ready for work, when Greg presented me with my breakfast. Macarons. I've never had them before, but they sure were delicious. I'm okay with that being an everyday breakfast.


He also got me some flowers. These are my favorites. I love all the bright colors.


I headed to work, since I'm not lucky enough to not work on my birthday. Didn't even get a half day like in the past. I blame my old manager for leaving. (Kidding Danny....kind of). But I walked in to this.


They wanted me to feel like I was back in California...or something. Those seagulls get used quite often as we use them repeatedly for different "pranks". My coworkers are the greatest. (And yes, they allow me to keep my 1D poster up). And also, I know, my hair looks awesome. Magenta for the win!


I received numerous texts and facebook messages wishing me happy birthday, and since I'm lame and didn't ever respond to any of them, I'm going to thank you all here. You guys are the greatest! My friend Aubrey sent me this awkward gem from 6th grade.


I also received these pretty flowers (that look like they are dying in this picture...because they were by the time I took a picture) from my parents. Thanks parents! Loved them and love you guys!


Once home, Greg treated me to my favorite of all favorite food.....CRAB. Yes, I'm obsessed/addicted/whatever you want to call it. He unfortunately made me eat other foods with it (noodles, watermelon and shrimp), but it was still good.



And so that is how my 29th birthday went. I am blessed to see another year go by, blessed with great family, friends, and co-workers. And blessed to share my awesomeness with the world for a little bit longer.


And, these popsicles rock. Just so you know!

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall