9.28.2011

5K to the Temple

This summer we challenged our Young Women to get spiritually and physically fit. They would get points for doing certain things (reading scriptures, personal progress, exercising, eating healthy, etc.) And they got little prizes along the way. April did a great job heading this, and we were very impressed with the girls. The ultimate goal was a 5K from our church to the temple, and we had a great turnout. Some ran, some walked, some cheered. It was really an awesome experience!

April invited the girls to work out with her in the mornings. I had my own Biggest Loser challenge going on, so I already had my workout schedule (plus, I valued my sleep and April got up WAY too early!) However, there was one workout I really wanted to do with them, and that was run the Old Main stairs. It was a great workout. I wish I could remember how many times I made it up and down those things, but it was awesome. (I was also hecka sore for days after!) But I was proud of myself for doing it. These pictures don't even do these stairs justice!


Here are some of the girls who participated in the 5K walk/run. The ones in the green shirts were the ones who got the points goal.

The Logan temple


No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall