12.06.2007

Thanksgiving/Black Friday???

So, Thanksgiving this year was great. Greg and I both had to work so we decided to have our Thanksgiving dinner at our own house. We've done it the past two years, so we're pretty much pros at this turkey thing. I had to work EARLY Thanksgiving day (Yeah, Kmart can be pretty heartless :) So Greg had to make dinner. (Okay, to be honest, he probly would've done it even if I were here...) I did help out when I got home. I think I made the potatos and jello. Anyway. It was a delicious dinner, and though I was exhausted, it was nice to be able to relax with my husband and watch FOOTBALL all day long. Yes, I never was an NFL fan until I met Greg. I napped during the fourth quarter of the Packers game only to wake up (still half asleep) and ask Greg what time the cowboys played. Lol, it was a LONG day, and though I missed spending Thanksgiving with family, it was a GREAT Thanksgiving with just Greg and I.





Alrighty, so Black Friday. I have worked retail for 3 years, and I've been alive through 21 of them, and I NEVER knew until this year that they call it Black Friday. Messed up, huh? Anyway, that's not the point. For those of you who shopped early on this day...YOU'RE FREAKIN' CRAZY PEOPLE!!! and I can say that because I know first hand what it's like to be a worker in the middle of all these crazy people. Good heavens. I guess I can only laugh at the craziness and impatience of people on this day. It's unbelievable to me the way people act and how impatient they get. Good heavens. You're gonna wait in line no matter where you shop, stop complaining! Lol, it's just interesting, but I can only laugh! There's nothing else to do. I am vowing this 6th day of December of the year 2007 that I will NEVER be a super early Black Friday shopper!!! :) But for those of you who had fun with the shopping, I laugh! :) Anyway...that's my experience with my first known Black Friday!

1 comment

Shari Davis said...

That's a pretty good looking turkey Greg made there. And you are so going to eat your words about not shopping on Black Friday. You're going to be a mean mama lookin' for some toys for her kids. You're going to have fire in your eyes, mama on a mission!!!! lol, that's going to be so funny to see. I can't wait!!!!!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall