9.06.2015

The Boring Lately

I'm so behind on posting. I always say I'll do better, but then I don't. Therefore, I give you the boring lately.

This summer just kind of flew by. I had a few family events which I will post about later, but the rest of summer was filled with work, a few Coldstone runs, and pretty much more work. It was a good summer though. I can't wait for the time when I get summers off with Greg so we can go spend 3 months in California or something. But he stayed busy working a bit from home, doing a few things around the house, and conquering evil or whatever he plays on the Xbox.

We watched Netflix quite a bit: Alphas. Undeclared, Supernatural, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Psych (me for the 3rd time), New Girl (me), Young & Hungry (me), and Friends (me).

Like I said though, I feel like the majority of my time was spent at work, which is fine, because I love my job and my coworkers. I've been staying a bit busy with quite a few different 'projects'. As we have a new manager, our area manager has been coming up to Logan a bit more than in the past. He is awesome. I've had the opportunity to sit down with him and talk about various work related things. One of the more recent things has been web apps. About a year ago, Donna and I were asked to help with loan applications that were submitted online. At that time we had just switched to a new online banking system, and holy moly the calls that came in were ridiculous, so we were asked to help out. I loved it. I was still new to loans, so it was a great learning experience, and I was able to get quite a bit done.

As the year progressed and the call volume decreased, we slowly started getting less and less until we were finally given none. It was a nice break, but I have an issue with other people doing things, and not doing them right. So I would bug Steve and tell him to tell Mike to let me do web apps. Last month when Mike was here, he called me in to talk with him, and we had a great talk. I told him that I really wanted to help out wherever I could, and that I was more than happy to help with web apps, or whatever. Being in Logan we are at a disadvantage because we aren't able to be 'promoted' or do different tasks like people down in the Salt Lake Area, were our corporate office is, and the majority of branches. It's been quite frustrating, and especially with the recent changes to our branch that did not go the way it should have.

Anyway, as we were talking and I was expressing my willingness to help with whatever, Mike paused for a minute, then said, "I don't know if anything will come of this but...." then he explained that the branch that was currently doing the online membership applications was losing an employee and weren't sure if they would be able to continue with the load of the online membership accounts. The original plan was to give it to another slow branch, but then he asked if I were given the task, if I would do it. I told him, "I would love to do it."

Now he told me beforehand that he didn't know if the final deciders of this would agree to it, but he said that he would talk to them and let them know that I was interested and would be willing to take it on. The next week I got a call from him letting me know that I had been added back to the loan apps queue, which was awesome. He said he had passed the word along about the membership apps, but hadn't heard anything back. He actually said it was a very slim chance, which I assured him was fine, and thanked him for the opportunity anyway.

I got a call from Mike the next Monday letting me know that I had been added back to the web apps queue, and that he hadn't heard back about the membership apps. Later week, the guy above Mike  was at our branch, and called me in to the office with my manager. I figured A: He was going to tell me they had decided to go with the other branch; B. They were going to have be do them; or C: I was fired. Strangely I was leaning more to the last one, because I can sometimes be a bit sarcastic and my big mouth often betrays me, but he actually asked if I would be willing to help. Of course I said yes. It made me super excited.

It's been a lot of fun to be able to do them. I've done them for about a month, and have had about 75 or so apps, when I was originally told 5-6 / week. Lol. Week 1 brought me 40, so that was exciting. I hope I can do well at it. I've seen some success, and have really enjoyed the opportunity. It keeps me busy, which I love.

So, that's awesome. Haven't really been up to too much else.....I'm sure I'll post again soon, since I've been so bad at posting more.











No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall