9.29.2013

An August Wedding

August went by just as fast as July, if not faster!

August 1st was Brady & Ashbee’s reception in Cokeville, so I headed up after work. It was a beautiful reception. The decorations were super cute, and Ashbee looked beautiful. She had this whole vintage theme going on. Very cute. There was a slight mishap with Brady’s ring that I was supposed to help with, but really probably only made it worse. I still feel bad I didn’t double check the size, but what can you do? You don’t need a ring to be married. (Still, really feel bad.) But again, it was good to see the family and friends. I have the cutest niece and nephews, and they are always loads of fun. Brady & Ashbee had a little program where they had family members from both sides sing. Ashbee’s family is super talented, whereas there are only a select few from our family who are. Kennan rocked it on the piano, while Ben and Kenz each sang a song, and then my favorite was the song that Brady wrote and sang for Ashbee. You will have to stalk my instagram page for a snippet of that if you want to hear it. Super sweet!
 
 
 
 
The kids wanted to go home with me, so I loaded them up in the back seat and took off. It was the funnest trip I’ve had in a while. A short five minutes with their imaginations running wild. They are the best.

There was a crazy lightning storm that night so we stayed up and watched it for a little, then I stayed up and talked to my siblings for a bit longer. It was good to talk to them and catch up.

The next morning we headed to SLC for the wedding. I got to take Grandma and Kennan. Kennan was a bit boring, as he slept most of the way, but it was a lot of fun talking with Grandma and laughing the entire way. I don’t get to talk to her near enough, so I’m glad she got to ride with me. Even Kennan wasn’t too bad once he woke up. It was a bit scary driving in Salt Lake. The normal parking was full, so trying to figure out where to park freaked me out a bit. It’s alright. We made it. It was a beautiful ceremony, and was good to see even more friends and family. Derek & Sheila, Pat & Paul, Uncle Robert, Aunts Kathy and Laurel, and my cousins Heather,  Haley, and Cassidy. Plus Nathan and his wife who I’ve never met, and Buck and Aub (my friend who is the aunt). So good to see them.

 
The luncheon was held at Chuck-a-Rama, which was awesome because I sat at the ‘fun table’ with Heather, Hailey, Cassidy and Aunt Kathy. Oh boy. I don’t see those cousins near enough. Lots and lots of laughing for sure.   

It was a great day, and I’m super happy for Brady & Ashbee. Can’t wait for them to make me some nieces and nephews (just not TOO soon). Love you guys!

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall