6.23.2013

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

It's been quite the month here at the Aullman household. We go years without changes, then all of a sudden, quite a few all at once.

We had Greg get a 'real' job (which doesn't change much except now we'll earn a second income. YAY!) I do have to say that we've been very blessed to be able to go a year on a small single income. (I only averaged about 30-35 hours a week) but we had many blessings in disguise that helped us make it through. So what if we had to go without a few luxuries for a year. Guess what? We survived!

Second change - Last Saturday we decided to upgrade our phones and join the world of Smartphones. Now, we did this for a couple of reasons. One, we were both due for an upgrade (Greg still had a flip phone...that's how behind in the times HE was). Second, we needed to upgrade our plan anyway. The plan we were on had me a 500 non-Verizon texts, and Greg at 50. He kept going over, and since the only plans you can get now days are data plans, we decided to just go for it. We spent about 2 hours deciding what to do, and ended up going to Best Buy where the phones were cheaper, and the insurance plans were better. I got the Samsung Galaxy S3, and Greg got the S4. It's taken some time to get used to, but we both really love them. I'm excited about it...and luckily I can pick up some Wi-fi at work if I really feel the need to get on the internet.

Third change - I've been in the Young Womens presidency for nearly 5 years now. 2.5 under Melanie as president, and the last 2.5 under Farina. It has been a great experience for me, and I've really enjoyed it. A couple of Tuesdays ago, Greg got a call from the ward executive secretary asking Greg and I to meet with Bishop that evening. We tried to guess what it might be. We knew Greg wasn't being released, so we narrowed it down to it being about me. I joked saying maybe I was going to be called to be the Relief Society president. Well, imagine my actual shock and surprise when I was called to be the Second Counselor in the Relief Society presidency. My jaw literally dropped. Apparently everyone else was a little shocked as well. But I have to say I'm quite excited about it. Extremely nervous as well. It's only been about five years since I was last in relief society. But it will be good to get to know the other women in our ward. I feel like I only know a select few (ie, the ones that have served in YW). So it will be a good change. I guess this is what I get for not doing my visiting teaching or going to any enrichment activities. I guess that better change. <--yet another="" change="" p="">
I think that's about all for now. Luckily these have been good changes...

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall