5.25.2011

2011 CHS Graduation

holy moly, I feel so old! Not only was my graduation 7 years ago, but this year by BABY SISTER graduated! What the heck! Anyway. It's just crazy to think that she is old enough to graduate, and head out on her own!

I was able to take a few hours of off work on May 25 to head up to her graduation. I went with Britney Petersen (whose little bro was also graduating), and it was fun to be able to make the trip with an old friend from HS. We had plenty of time to catch up and relive our glory days. Thanks Brit for driving!

We made it there just in time. I was able to sit with the fam and let the kiddos crawl all over me, drink my water, drag me to the bathroom, etc. etc. Loads of fun! I should remember more aobut the graduation, but to be honest, I really don't. I think graduations are boring and they could really do without all the speakers and blah blah blahness. (Not saying the speakers were bad, because they weren't...but just skip to the slideshow and presentation of diplomas, and 90% off the audience will be just fine with it!)

Plus, when you have a nearly 5 year old, and two 2.5 year olds. They will do whatever it takes to get out of there. (Such as having to go to the bathroom, so Lilli and Alex and I went off, then Alex played in the toilets and later put his hands in his mom's mouth...good thing I thought to wash them, right Shar?! Then Alex taking off out of the auditorium, and cousin Trev having to go get him.)

Luckily there were maybe 20 graduates, so it didn't take near as long as it could have! But it was fun watching the slideshow. It's really crazy because the pictures they were showing of the graduates back in the day is how I remember them. I remember them being in their awkward glasses, pig tails, lost teeth stages, now they're all grown up! My little sister...I can't say enough about how talented and gorgeous and totally awesome she is! I'm excited to have her go to school down here...it's gonna be so weird!

(this is how old I am...when I graduated, the girls did a music video, and we had some clips with Kenz's class in it..when they were in FIFTH GRADE!!!) Where did time go.

Anyway. It was a good trip, and I'm glad I was able to go to the graduation. Congrats Kenz and the rest of the CHS 2011 Graduation!

Kenz & Kennan...I don't think he's too excited about being the only one left at home!

I don't know what other graduations are like, but after CHS graduation, all the graduates line up out in the commons area, and everyone goes through the line to congratulate them. The middle pic I didn't mean to take right then...haha, sorry Kenny!

The fam...

Me and the Grad...See Kenz, I told you I was taller!!

Here's her grad announcement that I designed.

And that night I just went and chilled with the family while Britney and her family were doing their thing. I just played with the kids briefly before sending them to bed. Lilli had me put her to bed, and she was sleeping in my old bedroom. I had originally put glow in the dark stars on the ceiling, so when we were laying there I told her to look at the stars. She said, "I've always wanted stars in my room." I told her I put them up there, and she said, "For me?" Of course I said yes...It was pretty funny. What a cute kid.

We also watched some of the videos that dad's classes had made. They were pretty funny and it's pretty cool to see the talents of the high schoolers. So much has changed since the start of the CHS movie making business ("Losing Lester"). There are some talented kids. And if you want a good laugh, check out this video that the boys in my dad's class created...


That's all...maybe one of these days I'll keep up with blogging!

2 comments

mel said...

Yea, we didn't line up in the commons area. There were like hundreds of us and it was very long and boring! Your poor baby brother what a sad pic. Coming over as soon as cranky charlie wakes up!:)

Mandy said...

I'm with you Bre - aren't those kids supppose to still be in elementary school instead of graduating? Hilarious videos though!!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall