3.14.2011

CHS Lady Panthers

A couple of weeks ago I took a couple hours of work off so I could go to Cokeville to watch my little sister play basketball. Now, I'm a pretty darn good sister, (I know!) but I haven't seen her play since she was in 6th grade, so I wanted to watch her at least one more time before she heads off into the big world. It was senior night, so it was fun to watch all those "little" girls honored. It was a fun game, and Kenz played really well. Gotta say, I was pretty impressed! ;) There were even some people (namely her brother-in-law Clay) calling her "Jimmer". It was pretty entertaining. They also won, so that's always fun too. Way to go Kenz!

I do have to say, though, I was pretty unimpressed with some of the Cokeville fans. I have quite the opinion when it comes to cheering "for" your team, instead of against the other team. There were some people who were upset with the calls the refs made, and were acting very immaturely. It got to the point they were yelling at the other team's coach who was also upset with some calls. I was so incredibly embarrassed. It is one thing to cheer for your team, but don't EVER yell at the ref, the opposing coach, YOUR team's coach, or any player that is not your child. (I don't think you should even yell at your own child...but I can't control your parenting...so...) I just think people get so involved in sports, they forget how to act. Seriously, you can't control the calls, and you are in no position to make calls, so just keep your mouth shut, and simply cheer FOR your team. (Seriously...I was SO embarrassed, and I wasn't even related to the people...Cokeville people have a reputation, and when people do that, it ruins it.)

Alright...RANT OVER! Here are some pictures I took of the super-star herself.


She's pretty excited about something...and yes...that is my father waving at the camera...(maybe I should be more embarrassed about that! jk dad!)





haha...this picture makes me laugh...think she knows where the ball is?!? lol

And the cute senior girls...can't believe they're graduating!
Oh, and shout-out to them. After placing 2nd at Regional Basketball, the went on to beat Kaycee (who they actually lost to in the volleyball state championship!) for the 1A Wyoming state title! It's been 10 years since the last bball state title (my freshman year...and then it all went downhill!) so it was an exciting win for the girls and for our coaches! Congrats girls!

1 comment

Taffy and Tony said...

Great pictures! (And I totally agree about the screaming fans thing . . . so embarrassing!)

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall