9.27.2012

You've Got That One Thing

(that's a song...)

Day 4: What is one thing which makes you different?

One of the reasons I didn't answer this on the day I was supposed to was because I couldn't think of anything. I have a hard time thinking of things like this, so I chose not to answer. But then I thought of something...

I think one thing that makes me different is my work ethic (and I'm talking at work...haha, we won't talk about my work ethic at home...after a long day at work! ;) One thing I've noticed about people outside of what I'm used to, is that they just don't have the same work ethic as the people I knew and grew up with. Whether it was the girls I coached in volleyball, or the people I've worked with...it's just different. I like to think I learned it from my parents and coaches. I was taught if I was going to do something, do my best, work my hardest, and I've carried that with me.

I have had some frustration at the place I work for the past 2.5 years with people just not doing their jobs. I actually 'yelled' at someone once, because I was so frustrated. I've had multiple talks with my manager, and I'm grateful that he notices the type of work ethic that I have. Even if I'm having a crappy day, I go into my job to do my job. I'm not going to just hide behind my desk and do whatever I can to avoid the people that come in (though I sure would like to sometimes). I'm going to greet them, and do my job. If I'm feeling a bit sick, I'm going to go to work still. I'm not going to call in if I sneezed a couple of times. I like to think that I'm a good employee because I am reliable and I do have a good work ethic. It's kind of crazy to me that not many people have much of a work ethic...so I guess that's one thing that I feel makes me different.

1 comment

Olivia said...

I've noticed this same thing too! It's really been surprising to me. Thank heavens for the things they teach kids in Cokeville!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall